Monday, November 28, 2011

58. I met the most amazing person last week.

Sometimes the morning sun scares me the most. It's a reminder that I must wake up and face the day. 
Well, usually I'm up before the morning sun anyways. 

In my dreams, there is an amazing person. Someone who makes me forget why I worry; someone who makes me only want to sleep.  

A person who is painfully unreal. Because the 'most amazing person' seems only like a dream to me. 

Who is the most amazing person I've ever met? I'm not sure. 
First, I think of my mother's laugh and smile. 
Or maybe my father's good nature and hard work. 
Could it be my grandfather's quick wit? My Nana's kind heart? 
My Grammy's sass and strong opinion?
My sister's drive? 
My brother's heart? 
The undying support of all my friends? 

They're all equally amazing. 
Even though my mother cares too much about outside appearances. 
Even though my father isn't exactly warm and fuzzy. 
Even though my grandfather is a dream crusher. Even though my Nana pushes too much. 
Even though my Grammy always refers to gay people as 'a little loopy in the head'. 
Even though my sister is a little anal retentive and controlling. 
And my brother is a dweeb. 
My friends are still amazing, even if they tend to ask too much of me sometimes. 
But I've known them all longer then a week. 

2 comments:

  1. Holliann--if this is nonfiction put into the persona of a man called Greg, fine, let me know and I'll comment. But if it's fiction, give me something nonfiction in a rewrite.

    ReplyDelete