Tuesday, November 15, 2011

49. Doesn't matter where you begin, you'll end up back here.

I am sitting at a stop light and all I can think of is getting out of here. I don't want to continue driving, I don't want to go any longer. Nothing is more appealing to me then pulling the car onto a remote exit and driving for hours down a road with no lights.
I don't want to see this street anymore. I don't want to see any more of what I have been seeing.
Driving, driving, I decide to leave.
I decide not to stop until I see what I want to see. Nothing fits like this fits; it's a puzzle piece that belongs with me.
I drive forward and I avoid the rear-view. I don't want to look back and all I want is to look forward.
Everything where I was has good things; it has positive things. But where I'm going has what I need. It has what I always wanted and needed. I am going in glorious circles that aren't vicious at all.
There's a silver lining to this gray cloud; I've learned and I've grown here, but I'll return to where it started. I'll return to what brought me here in the first place. My want to get out brought me here; and now my need to get back is what will turn me around.

2 comments:

  1. Sure, words having meaning beyond the literal: this works

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay... that helps... I'm clearly having a hard time with this, haha.

    ReplyDelete