Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 9: Prompt One

42. Try one of these lists about yourself:

30 29 Holliann Facts!
1. If I could change my name, I'd change it to Olivia.
2. When I was a kid my imaginary friend was a T-Rex named Tina. My brother's imaginary friend was Cinderella. My sister never had one, but when we used to play the Ouija board, she would have 'ghost boyfriends'.
3. My cat's name is Pistachio because they're my favorite nut.
4. I actually really like my glasses.
5. I name my things. My car's name is Lola; my camera's name is Bertha.
6. I call my dad 'Fascha' because it's a Dutch slang term for 'Father'.
7. I'm sometimes very incompetent.
8. The first movie I can ever really remember watching was 'The Exorcist'.
9. My siblings and I weren't allowed to watch Rugrats when we were kids, but we could watch South Park, and clearly, 'The Exorcist'.
10. My favorite store is Goodwill.
11. I want my wedding to be a barefoot wedding, and I want to go camping for my honeymoon.
12. I enjoy learning, but I don't like the structure of school.
13. Photography is my favorite thing to do.
14. Before this year, I had never known how to change a diaper. I was actually pretty afraid of it.
15. I think the new style windmills are scary. Not the cute little ones you see in Amsterdam or on farms - but the massive white ones that sit up on hills all over Washington County. They're scary. I don't think that they're going to fall over or anything, but I can't even look at them without being creeped out.
16. When I get mad my eyes twitch.
17. I have problems with making eye-contact and I can't hold a conversation without fidgeting.
18. I'm not afraid of heights, but I am claustrophobic, and I'm extremely afraid of snakes.
20. Whenever I pump gas I turn off my cell phone in fear that, if it rings, the static electricity will cause an explosion.
21. I have a nose piercing that I got partially because my dad told me not to.
22. I have a Betty White calendar and a Marilyn Monroe calendar - for Christmas, my mom and I both bought each other the exact same Marilyn Monroe calendar, because we both find her very interesting.
23. I counted my movie stubs from the last year and a half, and since I moved to the Bangor area, I've gone to the movies 167 times.
24. Just this morning on the radio, I heard about one of my former classmates from high school. He stole a police car and intentionally drove it into a lake. I come from an area that is overflowing with drug use and crime, and tragically, a number of teenage deaths.
25. My mom calls me Stinky, Fluffernutter, Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwich, and a random array of other nicknames.
26. My grandfather used to tell us stories as kids about the Boogersnorts and the Whoppernoozies, two kinds of creatures who lived at my grandparent's old house that was on the bay. They both hated each other. The Boogersnorts lived in the basement and the Whoppernoozies lived in the forest. The Boogersnorts were nice but were ugly, and the Whoppernoozies were evil and ate children, but were small and fuzzy. I never even considered that these creatures weren't real. Whenever the heat would kick on, my grandfather would say, 'Oh! There goes those Boogersnorts'. It never occurred to me that my grandfather was just trying to keep us kids out of the basement and the woods. Well, it worked, that's for darn sure. One day I saw something move in the woods right off my grandparent's house, and I ran inside, afraid that it was a Whoppernoozie. Some day, I'd like to write a children's book about Papa's 'friends', the Boogersnorts and the Whoppernoozies.
27. Some of my fondest memories are ones that were spent huddled around a campfire.
28. My grandmother calls all of her grand daughters 'Sarah' or 'Miss America'. None of us are named anything close to Sarah, and none of us are involved in pageants at all.
29. I failed 3 classes in high school, and even though one was on purpose, I still don't like the fact that I had to repeat two classes and go to summer school.
30. I just realized that I never put a 19.

1 comment:

  1. Had fun writing this, didn't you? There is a great pleasure in going from item to item quickly, seeing them pile up, and knowing, as you must have, that it was good stuff.

    My favorites: 30 (of course!), 20, & 23

    ReplyDelete